Re: RedHat ceph boot question

Hi Sage,

Our clusters are slightly different but no the monitors start just fine.
 On our test and rgw clusters we run monitors co-located with our OSDs.
 The monitors start just fine.  My understanding is that when booting
the hosts detect a disk hot-plug event in udev via the
/lib/udev/rules.d/95-ceph-osd.rules file.  Running the
'/usr/sbin/ceph-disk-activate /dev/vdb1' command for example in our test
cluster does the right thing

# /usr/sbin/ceph-disk-activate /dev/vdb1
=== osd.2 ===
create-or-move updated item name 'osd.2' weight 0.02 at location
{host=ceph02,root=default} to crush map
Starting Ceph osd.2 on ceph02...
starting osd.2 at :/0 osd_data /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-2
/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-2/journal

Our best guess so far is that this line is not matching the underlying
disk that is getting hotplugged (95-ceph-osd.rules).  Is
ID_PART_ENTRY_TYPE just the partition UUID or are we not understanding
identifier correctly?

 ENV{ID_PART_ENTRY_TYPE}=="4fbd7e29-9d25-41b8-afd0-062c0ceff05d",

Thanks,
derek