Re: Ceph-deploy changing ceph.conf file permissions

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM,  <alistair.whittle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>

> I have a situation on my RHEL 6.4 cluster that seems to be caused by
> ceph-deploy changing the file permissions on /etc/ceph/ceph.conf after
> running a command such as “ceph-deploy mon create node2 node3”.  The idea
> was to create additional monitors for a healthy 3 node cluster that already
> has a functioning default monitor, 3 OSD’s each and a single MDS.
>

> This command failed, and I’m not going to cover that here, but another
> outcome was that after running that example command trying to run the “ceph
> health” or “ceph status” command on either the two node results in an error
> about failing to initialize cluster.
>

> A huge amount of research proved that this failed because ceph.conf only had
> rw permissions for “root”, and because the ceph commands are run as user
> “ceph” they failed because they could not read ceph.conf.   Changing the
> file permissions on that file resolved this issue.  I should point out that
> the file had full read/write permissions for ceph prior to running the
> ceph-deploy command.

I cannot replicate this issue. After deploying a monitor I have these
permissions:

sudo ls -alh /etc/ceph
total 16K
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Jan 22 18:40 .
drwxr-xr-x 81 root root 4.0K Jan 22 18:39 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  188 Jan 22 18:40 ceph.conf
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   92 Dec 20 22:01 rbdmap

That means anyone can read:

vagrant@precise64:~$ cat /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
[global]
fsid = cde681f7-fd8b-4d9b-8a73-3edce4a14116
mon_initial_members = node2
mon_host = 192.168.111.101
auth_supported = cephx
osd_journal_size = 1024