I/O Performance Statistics

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any detailed documentation for obtaining I/O statistics for a Ceph cluster.

The important metrics I’m looking for are: the number of operations, size of operations, and latency of operations – by operations I’m referring to read/write.

I’ve seen what look like the right statistics after running a “ceph --admin-daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-osd.0.asok perf dump”, and looking under the “osd” section, but I would like to confirm what exactly these stats represent.

If there is any documentation you could point me to, or any other pertinent information to offer it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Dan Ryder

http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg

Dan Ryder
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
CSMTG Performance/Analytics
daryder@xxxxxxxxx
Phone: +1 919 392 7438

Cisco Systems, Inc.
7100-8 Kit Creek Road
PO Box 14987
27709-4987
Research Triangle Park
United States
Cisco.com

Think before you print. Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to: