CEPHFS as a disk storage unit

Greetings,

I am trying to use CEPH cluster, with erasor encoding, preferrably with CEPHFS as a disk storage unit for Symantec NetBackup.

Problem currently is that Symantec Netbackup Servers packages do not come for ubuntu at all and for CEPHFS, I will need Ubuntu 12.04 (3.8 linux kernal).

Is there any possible configuration in which I would be able to use CEPHFS as backend storage for backup i.e. as a disk storage unit in Symantec netbackup?

Thanks
Anand Sengar