Re: Which API to use to write and read objects

Randy,

Use librados. If you want to test out my latest doc and provide some feedback, I'd appreciate it: http://ceph.com/docs/wip-doc-librados-intro/rados/api/librados-intro/

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:40 PM, Randy Breunling <rbreunling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
New to CEPH...so I'm on the learning-curve here.
Have been through a lot of the documentation but am confused on one thing, still.

What is the API or interface to use if we just want to write and read objects to CEPH object storage...and don't necessarily care about compatibility with Amazon s3 or Openstack SWIFT?
Do we librados?

Or maybe asked a different way...when would someone want or need to use the s3- or SWIFT-compatible API interfaces to CEPH (RADOS).

Thanks...

--Randy

John Wilkins
Senior Technical Writer