servers advise (dell r515 or supermicro ....)

Hello List,

I'm going to build a build a rbd cluster this year, with 5 nodes

I would like to have this kind of configuration for each node:

- 2U
- 2,5inch drives

os : 2 disk sas drive
journal : 2 x ssd intel dc s3700 100GB
osd : 10 or 12  x sas Seagate Savvio 10K.6 900GB

I see on the mailing that intank use dell r515.
I currently own a lot of dell servers and I have good prices.

But I have also see on the mailing that dell perc H700 can have some performance problem,
and also it's not easy to flash the firmware for jbod mode.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg16661.html

I don't known if theses performance problem has finally been solved ?

Another option could be to use supermicro server,
they have some 2U - 16 disks chassis + one or two lsi jbod controller.
But, I have had in past really bad experience with supermicro motherboard.
(Mainly firmware bug, ipmi card bug,.....)

Does someone have experience with supermicro, and give me advise for a good motherboard model?

Best Regards,

Alexandre Derumier