发件人:Bradley Kite <bradley.kite@xxxxxxxxx>
发送日期:2014-01-10 17:50
收件人:lyz_pro
抄送:ceph-users
主题:Re:  A confuse of using rbd image disk with kvm

Hi

Ceph uses thin-provisioning so it will not allocate the full block device
when you create it with qemu-img.

When you write to the data it then allocates the block devices.

However, you can enable TRIM/DISCARD in the VM as per the documentation
here: http://ceph.com/docs/next/rbd/qemu-rbd/ - this should allow ceph to
reclaim the deleted space.

Regards
--