Re: Current state of OpenStack/Ceph rbd live migration?

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Jeff Bachtel
<jbachtel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just wanted to get a quick sanity check (and ammunition for updating from
> Grizzly to Havana).
>
> Per
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/bring-rbd-support-libvirt-images-type
> it seems that explicit support for rbd image types has been brought into
> OpenStack/Havana. Does this correspond to live-migration working properly
> yet in Nova?

It doesn't support live-migration now.  But if you want a quick fix,
you can look at
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/56527/. It's provided by my team and use it for
months.

The ideal live-migration patch merging to master maybe late, we are
struggled with
refactor tasks now.

> For background, the nova libvirt driver in Grizzly did not grok how to live
> migrate for rbd (specifically the need to copy instance folders around, see
> http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2013-March/000536.html
> ). I'm just curious if this situation is rectified?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Best Regards,

Wheat