Re: Ceph as offline S3 substitute and peer-to-peer fileshare?

This will not work well because of Ceph's consistency model.  It generally
won't let you read/write unless you have a quorum of monitors.

I suspect what you really want is something more like a private ceph
install (in your DC) and with something like owncloud running on top to
give you a dropbox-like experience...

sage