Re: ceph-deploy: cluster network and admin node

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta
<gandalf.corvotempesta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi to all
> I'm playing with ceph-deploy for the first time.
>
> Some questions:
>
> 1. how can I set a cluster network to be used by OSDs? Should I set it manually?

The docs have a quick section to do this with ceph-deploy
(http://ceph.com/docs/master/start/quick-ceph-deploy/)
Have you seen that before? Or do you need something that covers a
cluster in more detail?

> 2. does admin node need to be reachable from each other server or can
> I use a natted workstation ?

ceph-deploy requires that all the other hosts are reachable from the
host where you are executing ceph-deploy. That host
would need to be reachable if you are installing and configuring ceph
in that host too.

If you have multiple networks assigned to hosts, you will need to
specify that in your ceph.conf so communication between happens
without issues.