Re: USB pendrive as boot disk

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta
<gandalf.corvotempesta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2013/11/7 Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Ceph handles it's own logs vs using syslog so I think your going to have to
>> write to tmpfs and have a logger ship it somewhere else quickly. I have a
>> feeling Ceph logs will eat a USB device alive, especially if you have to
>> crank up debugging.
>
> I wasn't aware of this. I've assumed that ceph was using syslog like
> any other daemon.

There are log_to_syslog and err_to_syslog config options that will
send the ceph log output there. I don't remember all the config stuff
you need to set up properly and be aware of, but you should be able to
find it by searching the list archives or the docs.
-Greg