Re: many blocked requests when recovery

Hi,

You didn't state what version of ceph or kvm/qemu you're using. I think it wasn't until qemu 1.5.0 (1.4.2+?) that an async patch from inktank was accepted into mainstream which significantly helps in situations like this.

If not using that on top of not limiting recovery threads you'll prob. see issues like you describe.

Also more nodes make it easier on the entire cluster in case of recovery so it might make sense adding smaller ones if/when you expand it.

Cheers,
Martin