Re: Basic cephx configuration

Hi every one,

I did not get any answer to my basic cephx question last week, so let me ask it one more time here, before I completely give up on Ceph and move on.

So, my issue is:

When all authentication settings are "none":
* The cluster works fine
* The file "/etc/ceph/ceph.client.admin.keyring " exists

Then I set "auth_cluster_required" to "cephx". When I try to connect to the cluster, it detects "client.admin" and denies access with "operation not supported", even for commands like "ceph health".

Finally, after I explicitly set the "keyring" parameter in the config (to the default value, because the keyring file was already in the default location), the cluster works fine again. So the behavior changes when I add those 2 default lines to the config:
[client.admin]
keyring = /etc/ceph/ceph.client.admin.keyring