Re: alternative approaches to CEPH-FS

Hi,

Well, basically, the frontend is composed of web servers.
They mostly do reads on the NFS mount.
I believe that the biggest frontend has around 60 virtual machines, accessing the share and serving it.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any figures anymore but performances were really poor in general. However they were fair enough for us since the workload was going to be “mixed read”.

––––
Sébastien Han
Cloud Engineer

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood.”

Phone: +33 (0)1 49 70 99 72
Mail: sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : 10, rue de la Victoire - 75009 Paris
Web : www.enovance.com - Twitter : @enovance