Re: alternative approaches to CEPH-FS

Hi all,

I've uploaded it via github - https://github.com/waipeng/nfsceph. Standard disclaimer applies. :)

Actually #3 is a novel idea, I have not thought of it. Thinking about the difference just off the top of my head though, comparatively, #3 will have

1) more overheads (because of the additional VM)

2) Can't grow once you reach the hard limit of 14TB, and if you have multiple of such machines, then fragmentation becomes a problem

3) might have the risk of 14TB partition corruption wiping out all your shares

4) not as easy as HA. Although I have not worked HA into NFSCEPH yet, it should be doable by drdb-ing the NFS data directory, or any other techniques that people use for redundant NFS servers.

- WP