From: ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shain Miley
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:13 PM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject:  rbd ext4 vs xfs

Hello,

I am creating a 250 TB rbd image that may grow to 500 or 600 TB over the next year or so.  I initially formatted the image using ext4 as shown in the rbd quick start guide, however I have found several examples across the internet that show rbd being formatted with xfs instead.

I was just wondering, if there is was any major known pros or cons when it comes to using xfs instead of ext4  (or vise versa) for the rbd filesystem.

Thanks in advance,

Shain

Shain Miley | Manager of Systems and Infrastructure, Digital Media | smiley@xxxxxxx | 202.513.3649 _______________________________________________
ceph-users mailing list