Re: No monitor sockets after upgrading to Emperor

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Alfredo Deza <alfredo.deza@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh, and I just noticed you did say Ubuntu, so sysvinit should have
*not* been enabled at all, this should've been
Upstart all along.

Again, logs would be super useful! Hopefully you still have those around.

Alfredo,

Attached is the complete ceph.log from all my ceph-deploy interactions. Looks like all the ceph_deploy.osd entries indicate upstart was used.

Through the life of this cluster I upgraded to all the dumpling point releases, however I didn't do it via ceph-deploy, I used an Ansible playbook in order to orchestrate the various steps (setting noout, updating packages, restarting services etc...).

My understanding of ceph-deploy though is that it is just executing the same apt commands (in my case), that I would be doing via ansible.

Thanks,
Berant