Re: No monitor sockets after upgrading to Emperor

On Nov 12, 2013 2:38 AM, "Berant Lemmenes" <berant@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed the same behavior on my dumpling cluster. They wouldn't show up after boot, but after a service restart they were there.
>
> I haven't tested a node reboot since I upgraded to emperor today. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
>
> Thanks,
> Berant
>
> On Nov 11, 2013 9:29 PM, "Peter Matulis" <peter.matulis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> After upgrading from Dumpling to Emperor on Ubuntu 12.04 I noticed the
>> admin sockets for each of my monitors were missing although the cluster
>> seemed to continue running fine.  There wasn't anything under
>> /var/run/ceph.  After restarting the service on each monitor node they
>> reappeared.  Anyone?
>>
>> ~pmatulis

Odd behavior. The monitors do remove the admin socket on shutdown and proceed to create it when they start, but as long as they are running it should exist. Have you checked the logs for some error message that could provide more insight on the cause?

  -Joao