Re: [ANN] ceph-deploy 1.3 released!

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM, nicolasc <nicolas.canceill@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> The version 1.3 of ceph-deploy I installed yesterday from official repo
> used:
> sudo wget ... | apt-key add
> to install which failed because the apt-key command was not run with sudo,
> but the version 1.3.1 I got this morning seems to work (no pipe anymore, it
> uses a file, and sudo for both commands).
>
> The version 1.3 also used Python's os.rename() in a weird way, which
> triggered errors about cross-device renaming (my root filesystem has
> separate mountpoints for /tmp and /var), for instance with "ceph-deploy
> config push", or when "ceph-deploy osd create" would call "write_keyring()",
> and this bug also disappeared in 1.3.1.
>
> So, to sum up: all bugs went away, so I am happy
>
> Could you indicate where release notes for ceph-deploy may be found, so I do
> not have to blindly struggle with that kind of issue again?

You are correct, all of those issues have been corrected and released
as ceph-deploy 1.3.1

The problem here is that you beat me to the punch :)

We try to release ceph-deploy as often as possible and even more so
when there are bugs that are clearly
causing issues for users and preventing them to complete core
functionality (like installing).

The announcement with the complete changelog (and link) is not sent
out immediately however, because the packaging and
repository synchronization can take a few hours, so I usually wait
until that is complete to make sure the announcement
goes out when all the repositories are in sync and there were no
issues getting ceph-deploy out.

You can find the changelog here:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-deploy/blob/master/docs/source/changelog.rst

But I should get the announcement out next.

Sorry for all the trouble!