Re: [ANN] ceph-deploy 1.3 released!

Hi every one,

The version 1.3 of ceph-deploy I installed yesterday from official repo used:
sudo wget ... | apt-key add
to install which failed because the apt-key command was not run with sudo, but the version 1.3.1 I got this morning seems to work (no pipe anymore, it uses a file, and sudo for both commands).

The version 1.3 also used Python's os.rename() in a weird way, which triggered errors about cross-device renaming (my root filesystem has separate mountpoints for /tmp and /var), for instance with "ceph-deploy config push", or when "ceph-deploy osd create" would call "write_keyring()", and this bug also disappeared in 1.3.1.

So, to sum up: all bugs went away, so I am happy

Could you indicate where release notes for ceph-deploy may be found, so I do not have to blindly struggle with that kind of issue again?

Best regards,

Nicolas Canceill
Scalable Storage Systems
SURFsara (Amsterdam, NL)