Re: Very frustrated with Ceph!

We had a discussion about all of this a year ago (when package purge was removing mds data and thus destroying clusters). I think we have to be really careful here as it's rather permanent if you make a bad choice. I'd much rather that users be annoyed with me that they have to go manually clean up old data vs users who can't get their data back without herculean efforts.

Mark