Re: Very frustrated with Ceph!

Yeah; purge does remove packages and *package config files*; however, Ceph data is in a different class, hence the existence of purgedata.

A user might be furious if he did what he thought was "remove the packages" and the process also creamed his terabytes of stored data he was in the process of moving to a different OSD server, manually recovering, or whatever.