Re: Red Hat clients

I have CentOS 6.4 running with the 3.11.6 kernel from elrepo and it includes the rbd module.  I think you could make the same update on RHEL 6.4 and get rbd.  From there it is very simple to mount an rbd device.  Here are a few notes on what I did.

Update kernel:

sudo rpm --import http://elrepo.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-elrepo.org

sudo rpm -Uvh http://elrepo.org/elrepo-release-6-5.el6.elrepo.noarch.rpm

sudo yum -y update

sudo yum -y --enablerepo=elrepo-kernel install kernel-ml

sudo vim /boot/grub/menu.lst (update default to zero)

reboot

Create rbd device:

rbd create {name} --size {size_in_MB}

sudo modprobe rbd