From: Gruher, Joseph R [mailto:joseph.r.gruher@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:53 PM
To: Trivedi, Narendra; alistair.whittle@xxxxxxxxxxxx; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ceph-deploy problems on CentOS-6.4

Did you configure /root/.curlrc?  Since ceph-deploy runs the commands with sudo I believe it will refer to the proxy files in /root/ instead of ~/.  I configure both just to be safe.  I just did a new ceph-deploy on CentOS 6.4 this morning with these settings:

[ceph@joceph01 ceph]$ sudo cat /root/.rpmmacros

%_httpproxy proxy.intel.com

%_httpport 123

[ceph@joceph01 ceph]$ sudo cat /root/.curlrc

proxy=http://proxy.intel.com:123

[ceph@joceph01 ceph]$ sudo cat /etc/yum.conf | grep proxy

proxy=http://proxy.intel.com:123

[ceph@joceph01 ceph]$ sudo cat /etc/wgetrc | grep proxy

https_proxy = http://proxy.intel.com:123/

http_proxy = http://proxy.intel.com:123/

ftp_proxy = http://proxy.intel.com:123/

use_proxy = on

[ceph@joceph01 ceph]$ sudo cat ~/.rpmmacros

%_httpproxy proxy.intel.com

%_httpport 123

[ceph@joceph01 ceph]$ sudo cat ~/.curlrc

proxy=http://proxy.intel.com:123

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), you may not read, use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) thereto without retaining any copies.