Re: RADOS Gateway - creating users using S3 API

On 10/28/13, 11:20 AM, Abhijeet Nakhwa wrote:
> I have installed apache + fastcgi as per the documentation (note: not
> the ceph customized versions). I have created a user using radosgw-admin
> named radosgwadmin (please see attached file radogwadmin-user.txt)
>
> Now using S3 API, I am able to make a new request that gets
> authenticated, however not authorized (please see request-log.txt). I
> think the reason is stated in "2013-10-22 23:54:25.038374 7f02a9ffb700
> *20 required_mask= 0 user.op_mask=7*"
>
> Please let me know what permissions (i.e. caps) I need to assign to the
> user; or am I going around this incorrectly?

Hi Abhijeet,

So the request you are making is incomplete looking at these logs.  The
caps look ok, as you will just need users:* to be able to create users.
 The create user[1] API request requires a few query parameters that
from the log you sent do not look like you are providing.  Specifically
you have to have uid= and display-name= in your query parameters eg.

  /admin/user?format=json&uid=test&display-name=Testing

You can checkout my python library for interacting with a radosgw admin
api called rgwadmin[2] that might help or provide a starting point.

[1] - http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/adminops/#create-user
[2] - https://github.com/dyarnell/rgwadmin

Thanks,
derek