Re: problem with ceph-deploy hanging

Yes, almost exactly, with two minor tweaks required when I run the command from the admin system.
1) I have to add sudo before "apt-key add -" or is fails with a "root permissions required" type message.  From discussion earlier in this thread I understand ceph-deploy should be including the sudo, although it doesn't show it in the output printed by ceph-deploy.
2) I have to double-enclose the wget URL as SSH strips the first quotes and the URL will get truncated by the included semicolon on the target.

So for example, this works when run on the admin machine as SSH command to cephtest02:
ssh cephtest02 wget -q -O- "'https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc' | sudo apt-key add -"

This does not work without the extra quotes, wget succeeds in fetching data but truncates the URL at the semicolon and ends up getting something that isn't a PGP block (the data from https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git):
root@cephtest01:~# ssh cephtest02 wget -q -O- 'https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc' | sudo apt-key add -
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

This is what you get without the sudo on apt-key add:
root@cephtest01:~# ssh cephtest02 wget -q -O- "'https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc' | apt-key add -"
ERROR: This command can only be used by root.

>The firewall might have something to do with it. How do you have your
>proxies configured in /etc/environment ?

$ cat /etc/environment
PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games"
http_proxy=http://proxy-jf.intel.com:911/
https_proxy=https://proxy-jf.intel.com:911/
ftp_proxy=http://proxy-jf.intel.com:911/
no_proxy="localhost,127.0.0.1,localaddress,.localdomain.com"
HTTP_PROXY=http://proxy-jf.intel.com:911/
HTTPS_PROXY=https://proxy-jf.intel.com:911/
FTP_PROXY=http://proxy-jf.intel.com:911/
NO_PROXY="localhost,127.0.0.1,localaddress,.localdomain.com"

>Again, in this next coming release, you will be able to tell ceph-deploy to just
>install the packages without mangling your repos (or installing keys)

Sorry, I might have missed this comment earlier in the thread.  When will this coming release be available?

Thanks,
Joe