Re: problem with ceph-deploy hanging

Le 17/09/2013 14:48, Alfredo Deza a écrit :
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Gruher, Joseph R
<joseph.r.gruher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
Unfortunately, logging in as my ceph user on the admin system (with a matching user on the target system) does not affect my result.  The "ceph-deploy install" still hangs here:

[cephtest02][INFO  ] Running command: wget -q -O- 'https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc' | apt-key add -

It has been suggested that this could be due to our firewall.  I have the proxies configured in /etc/environment and when I run a wget myself (as the ceph user, either directly on cephtest02 or via SSH command to cephtest02 from the admin system) it resolves the proxy and succeeds.  Is there any reason the wget might behave differently when run by ceph-deploy and fail to resolve the proxy?  Is there anywhere I might need to set proxy information besides /etc/environment?

[...]

Just a thought, as it concern a proxy server.

On Debian, so perhaps also on Ubuntu, sudo does reset almost all environment variables, and it does for sure for http_proxy ones. As ceph-deploy runs sudo on the other end, Perhaps /etc/environment (deprecated) is loaded for the normal user and reset by sudo.

I don't know the good way of solving this.
Perhaps, just add in the doc that while creating a user with sudo rights, to add the options not to reset http_proxy variables...

Extract of sudoers' man :
" By default, the env_reset option is enabled. This causes commands to be executed with a new, minimal environment. On AIX (and Linux systems without PAM), the environment is initialized with the contents of the /etc/environment file. The new environment contains the TERM, PATH, HOME, MAIL, SHELL, LOGNAME, USER, USERNAME and SUDO_* variables in addition to variables from the invoking process permitted by the env_check and env_keep options. This is
     effectively a whitelist for environment variables.
"

So you can add something like this in all ceph nodes' /etc/sudoers (use visudo) :

Defaults env_keep += "http_proxy https_proxy ftp_proxy no_proxy"

Hope it can help.

--
Gilles Mocellin
Nuage Libre