Re: newbie question: rebooting the whole cluster, powerfailure

And a second question regarding ceph-deploy:
How do I specify a second NIC/address to be used as the intercluster communication?

You will not be able to do something like this with ceph-deploy. This
sounds like a very specific (or a bit more advanced)
configuration than what ceph-deploy offers.

Actually, you can — when editing the ceph.conf (before creating any
daemons) simply set public addr and cluster addr in whatever section
is appropriate. :)

Oh, you are right! I was thinking about a flag in ceph-deploy for some reason :)

yepp, flag or option would be nice,
but doing it via ceph.conf would work for me too.
So immediately after running
ceph-deploy new $my_initial_instances
I inject what ever I need into ceph.conf
than with the " --overwrite-conf" option
ceph.conf is pushed to the nodes on the
ceph-deploy mon create $my_initial_instances
right?
ceph-deploy only creates a basic ceph.conf when called with the "new" command,
not editing the conf afterwards anymore?
so if I add additional MONs/OSDs later on, shall I adjust the
"mon_host" list?
and the "mon_initial_members" list?
Can I introduce the cluster network later on, after the cluster is deployed and started working?
(by editing ceph.conf, push it to the cluster members and restart the daemons?)

TIA

Bernhard

--

*Ecologic Institute* Bernhard Glomm
IT Administration

Phone: +49 (30) 86880 134
Fax: +49 (30) 86880 100
Skype: bernhard.glomm.ecologic
Website: | Video: | Newsletter: | Facebook: | Linkedin: | Twitter: | YouTube: | Google+:
Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH | Pfalzburger Str. 43/44 | 10717 Berlin | Germany
GF: R. Andreas Kraemer | AG: Charlottenburg HRB 57947 | USt/VAT-IdNr.: DE811963464
Ecologic™ is a Trade Mark (TM) of Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/ceph-conf/