newbie question: rebooting the whole cluster, powerfailure

Hi all,

as a ceph newbie I got another question that is probably solved long ago.
I have my testcluster consisting two OSDs that also host MONs
plus one to five MONs.
Now I want to reboot all instance, simulating a power failure.
So I shutdown the extra MONs,
Than shutting down the first OSD/MON instance (call it "ping")
and after shutdown is complete, shutting down the second OSD/MON
instance (call it "pong")
5 Minutes later I restart "pong", than after I checked all services are
up and running I restart "pong", afterwards I restart the MON that I brought
down the at last, not the other MON though (since - surprise - they are in
this test szenario just virtual instances residing on some ceph rbds)

I think this is the wrong way to do it, since it brakes the cluster unrecoverable...
at least that's what it seems, ceph tries to call one of the MONs that isn't there yet
How to shut down and restart the whole cluster in a coordinated way in case
of a powerfailure (need a script for our UPS)

And a second question regarding ceph-deploy:
How do I specify a second NIC/address to be used as the intercluster communication?

TIA

Bernhard

--

*Ecologic Institute* Bernhard Glomm
IT Administration

Phone: +49 (30) 86880 134
Fax: +49 (30) 86880 100
Skype: bernhard.glomm.ecologic
Website: | Video: | Newsletter: | Facebook: | Linkedin: | Twitter: | YouTube: | Google+:
Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH | Pfalzburger Str. 43/44 | 10717 Berlin | Germany
GF: R. Andreas Kraemer | AG: Charlottenburg HRB 57947 | USt/VAT-IdNr.: DE811963464
Ecologic™ is a Trade Mark (TM) of Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH