ceph osd set noout

Hi

After the fun we had the other night we have also found that the SSD's acting as the journal for our OSD's are not up to the task. So along with adding some 10gbit I am going to add some more/faster SSD's.

Having done some investigation it seems that the best way to do this is to do the following
  1. Shutdown the server as normal, Add the SSD(s) and bring it back up. I understand this can make things a little slow during the reboot etc, but that should not take particularly long.
  2. $ ceph osd set noout <- this is confusing me, we have osd.0 -> osd.8 on this sever, will it noout all the osd's ?
  3. $ service ceph stop osd.X
  4. $ ceph-osd –i X —flush-journal
  5. change the symlink for the sod's journal to point to the new SSD
  6. $ ceph-osd –i X —mkjournal
  7. $ service ceph start osd.X
  8. $ ceph osd unset noout / goto 2. <- Like above do I do this once for the host, then do all work or is this done per osd?
 If anyone has any thoughts on the above procedure I would be keen to hear them.