Re: cephfs set_layout

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Joao Pedras wrote:

> Greetings all!
>
> I am bumping into a small issue and I am wondering if someone has any
> insight on it.
>
> I am trying to use a pool other than 'data' for cephfs. Said pool has id #3
> and I have run 'ceph mds add_data_pool 3'.
>
> After mounting cephfs seg faults when trying to set the layout:
>
> $> cephfs /path set_layout -p 3
>
> Segmentation fault
>
> Actually plainly running 'cephfs /path set_layout' without more options will
> seg fault as well.
>
> Version is 0.61.8 on ubuntu 12.04.
>
> A question that comes to mind here is if there is a way of accomplishing
> this when using ceph-fuse (<3.x kernels).

You can adjust this more easily using the xattr interface:

 getfattr -n ceph.dir.layout <dir>
 setfattr -n ceph.dir.layout.pool -v mypool
 getfattr -n ceph.dir.layout <dir>

The interface tests are probably a decent reference given this isn't
explicitly documented anywhere:

 https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/qa/workunits/misc/layout_vxattrs.sh

sage