Re: Problems with keyrings during deployment

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Francesc Alted <francesc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi again,

I continue to try debugging the problem reported before.  Now, I have been trying to use a couple of VM for doing this (one with Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, and the other with Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit, and I use the ceph.com repos for installing the Ceph libraries).  And, unfortunately, I am getting into the same problem: the keyring do not appear where they should (i.e. bootstrap-mds and bootstrap-osd in /var/lib/ceph).

I have followed the preflight check list (http://ceph.com/docs/next/start/quick-start-preflight/), and the ceph user in the admin box can login perfectly well on the server box, so not sure what's going on here.

I have even tried to use a single ceph server for installing everything (adding the 'osd crush chooseleaf type = 0' line into the ceph conf file) but then again the keyrings do not appear.

Nobody is having the same problems than me (using latest Ceph Dumpling 0.67.2 release here)? I am attaching the my logs in the admin node just in case that provides more feedback.

This has been reported and it is actively worked on (see http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/4924)

In the meantime  can you set 'debug ms = 1' 'debug mon = 20' in the ceph.conf (after ceph-deploy new, before ceph-deploy mon create), to reproduce the situation and post the logs from the monitors so we can take a look at them?

It might be useful to get any info/feedback to that ticket so we can track this in that one place.

Thanks!

Francesc