Hardware recommendations

Good morning,

I am in the process of deciding what hardware we are going to purchase for our new ceph based storage cluster.

I have been informed that I must submit my purchase needs by the end of this week in order to meet our FY13 budget requirements  (which does not leave me much time).

We are planning to build multiple clusters (one primarily for radosgw at location 1; the other for vm block storage at location 2).

We will be building our radosgw storage out first, so this is the main focus of this email thread.

I have read all the docs and the white papers, etc on hardware suggestions ...and we have an existing relationship with Dell, so I have been planning on buying a bunch of Dell R515's with 4TB drives and using 10GigE networking for this radosgw setup (although this will be primary used for radosgw purposes...I will be testing running a limited number of vm's on this infrastructure  as well...in order to see what kind of performance we can achieve).

I am just wondering if anyone else has any quick thoughts on these hardware choices, or any alternative suggestions that I might look at as I seek to finalize our purchasing this week.

Thanks in advance,

Shain

Sent from my iPhone