Re: ceph-deploy mon create error: cannot load config 'ceph.conf'

Sorry to have bothered you all with my previous question, because I have found it myself.

I first uninstalled ceph-deploy with “apt-get purge ceph-deploy” and then reinstalled it again.

I also noticed that when creating the first cluster with “ceph-deploy install mynode” the ceph.conf file is not stored in /etc/ceph immediately

The first ceph.conf is created in your current working directory when executing “ceph-deploy new mynode”!

Only to be copied to /etc/ceph when the first monitor or osd is created with “ceph-deploy mon create mynode”

Regards,

Johannes

Hey,

After some test deployments, I removed the whole ceph configuration

Ceph-deploy purge mynode

Rebooted my machine, but when I create a new cluster like so

Ceph-deploy install mynode

Ceph-deploy --cluster new mynode

I have a new error when I execute

Ceph-deploy mon create mynode

[ceph_deploy][ERROR ] ConfigError: Cannot load config: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘ceph.conf’

And indeed there is no ceph.conf in /etc/ceph nor in /var/lib/ceph

The only file in /etc/ceph is rbdmap, but besides some comment doesn’t contain any data

The /var/lib/ceph directories do contain the subdirectories:bootstrap-mds,bootstrap-osd,mds,mon,ods,tmp

What did I do wrong here…

Regards,

Johannes

__________ Informatie van ESET Endpoint Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 8726 (20130825) __________

Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET Endpoint Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com