Re: ceph/rbd & nova image cache

The easy solution to this is to create a really tiny image in glance (call it fake_image or something like that) and tell nova that it is the image you are using.  Since you are booting from the RBD anyway, it doesn't actually use the image for anything, and should only put a single copy of it in the _base directory.