Re: Location of MONs

On 23 July 2013 17:16, Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And without wanting to sound daft having missed a salient configuration
> detail, but there's no way to release when it's written the primary?

Definitely not.

​I thought as much -- and now you've explained why, I completely understand the reasoning behind that bizarre idea.​

You can do things like say "this data is always accessed from this
location" and set up your pools and crush rules to associate the data
with a location; you cannot write to arbitrary replicas.

It's something I'd be interested in, but as I said -- no practical application for me just quite yet ;)

Ok, thanks Greg, you've been a star!

M​atthew Walster​