Re: SSD suggestions as journal

On 07/22/2013 06:22 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
I'm looking at some SSDs drives to be used as journal.
Seagate 600 should be the better in write intensive operation (like a journal):

http://www.storagereview.com/seagate_600_pro_enterprise_ssd_review

what do you suggest? Is this good enough ?
Should I look for write-intensive operations when searching for an SSD
to be used as journal?

Hi Gandalf,

I took a bit of time to look at some of the reviews around the web of the 600 pro. Even though it's a read-oriented drive, it looks like it performs very well for write workloads in the 200+GB capacity versions. From purely a performance standpoint, it's great. From a write endurance point of view, I'm a bit nervous. Take a look at:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/600-pro-ssd-review,3498-4.html

Depending on how heavy you expect your write workload to be, you might be replacing journals more often than you like. On the other hand, the drives are cheap and fast...

Mark