Re: storage pools ceph (bobtail) auth failure in xenserver SR creation

Hi !

I'm currently trying to get the xenserver on centos 6.4 tech preview working against a test ceph cluster and having the same issue.

Some infos: the cluster is  named "ceph", the pool is named "rbd".

ceph.xml:
<pool type='rbd'>
  <name>rbd</name>
  <source>
    <name>ceph</name>
    <host name='10.111.80.1' port='6789'/>
  </source>
</pool>

secret.xml:
<secret ephemeral='no' private='no'>
  <usage type='ceph'>
    <name>client.admin <key_from_ceph_auth_list></name>
  </usage>
</secret>

[root@xen-blade05 ~]# virsh pool-create ceph.xml
error: Failed to create pool from ceph.xml
error: Invalid secret: virSecretFree

same error :/

Any ideas ?

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more infos.

Cheers,
Sébastien

Hi John,

Could you try without the cat'ing and such?

Could you also try this:

$ virsh secret define secret.xml
$ virsh secret-set-value <uuid> <secret>
$ virsh pool-create ceph.xml

Could you post both XML files and not use any Xen commands like 'xe'?

I want to verify where this problem is.

Wido

--
Wido den Hollander