Re: osd client op priority vs osd recovery op priority

On 09/07/2013 14:41, Gregory Farnum wrote:
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Mikaël Cluseau <mcluseau@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Greg,

thank you for your (fast) answer.
<snip>

Please keep all messages on the list. :)
oops, reply-to isn't set by default here ^^

I just realized you were talking about increased latencies during
scrubbing; the options you reference are for data recovery, not
scrubbing. However, there are a number of options you can tune to
throttle scrubbing in different ways; have you checked the
documentation for those? (eg,
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/osd-config-ref/#scrubbing)

Thanks, having a second look while speaking with a expert seems valuable ;) I see two options.
  • increase osd scrub max interval to extend the time between scrubs.
  • osd scrub load threshold (default 0.5) : I'm always higher (between 1 and 2) so increasing this could enable the osd scrub min interval parameter to be usefull...
I think I'll go for the second option because the problematic load spikes seem to have a period of 24h + epsilon...

Thanks a lot !