Ceph Bobtail & CuttleFish on CentOS 6.4

I have some questions regarding Ceph running on CentOS since I'm considering going that route rather than Ubuntu 12.04 for my Ceph cluster rebuild (moving from Arch to CentOS 6.4 in-place).

First I had noticed http://ceph.com/docs/next/install/os-recommendations/ doesn't flag CentOS 6.3 with note 3, which I went and checked on CentOS 6.4 that in /usr/includes/* there is syscall headers for syncfs, so I'm guessing the stock kernel has support for it which in Ceph 0.55+ glibc support isn't needed. I just want to clarify that this is the case for certain.

I'm also curious if there's any known difficulties with it in current Bobtail and/or Cuttlefish, because I'll be upgrading from Arch Linux currently running on Bobtail, then once all are moved to CentOS, I'll upgrade the standard way to Cuttlefish accordingly. What I was also considering, and don't know if this has been looked into much, the Elrepo repositories has the kernel-ml kernels, which is currently on 3.9.7 which is pretty decently current. The main difference being that Elrepo's kernels are pretty vanilla, configured to be as identical to CentOS's stock kernel as possible, but unpatched.

Lastly, part of the process of this whole upgrade involves my Proxmox VE 2.3 cluster being upgraded to 3.0. VE 2.3 uses Bobtail clients, while VE 3.0 uses Cuttlefish, and of course qemu-rbd is primarily used for the actual VM's running off ceph so I doubt that will show any issue, but I wanted to confirm that as well. I'm planning to upgrade my ceph cluster to cuttlefish before upgrading my VE cluster to 3.0 which will use cuttlefish clients. Will this be an issue with an older client talking to a newer server?

Eric Renfro