Problem with data distribution

Hy,

I use the 0.64.1 version of CEPH on debian wheezy for serveur and ubuntu precise ( with raring kernel 3.8.0-25 ) as client.

My problem is the distribution of data on the cluster. I have 3 servers each with 6 osd, but the distribution is very heterogeneous :
86% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-15
67% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-13
95% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-14
92% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-17
86% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-12
20% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-16
47% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-10
85% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-11
67% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6
86% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-8
29% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-9
64% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-2
68% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-0
86% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-3
67% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-4
79% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1
58% /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-18

Friday, one of my OSD was 95%. I could not write. I was advised on IRC to change the weight of the OSD. I put it at 0.8. The data were migrated to another OSD, but the distribution is still very heterogeneous. A few hours later, I had the same problem with another OSD.

I tried to change the weights depending on the place occupied, but it is not much better. For example: 16 OSD is very empty.

Do you have any idea to solve my problem ?

Regards

Pierre BLONDEAU
Administrateur Systèmes & réseaux
Université de Caen
Laboratoire GREYC, Département d'informatique

tel	: 02 31 56 75 42
bureau	: Campus 2, Science 3, 406