Glance & RBD Vs Glance & RadosGW

Hi all,

I want to connect an openstack Folsom  glance service to ceph.

The first option is setting up the glance-api.conf with ‘default_store=rbd’ and the user and pool.

The second option is defined in https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/ceph-s3-gateway (An OpenStack installation that uses rbd can also use the same RADOS backend for its object storage through radosgw.)

So,

1.- If the second option is true, how can I setup the glance-api.conf to connect glance with radosgw. Maybe just putting the default_store =swift and populate the rest of swift options (auth-server, user, password….) with the radosgw values ? Is there any doc about it?
2.- which of the two options is recommended? And why?

Thank you so much and best regards,
Álvaro.