Re: Mounting a shared block device on multiple hosts

Hi,

Maybe I'm asking the question wrong because I keep getting the same answer.

I think it would be wise if you take a step back and explain what you want to accomplish.

If you want to mount a file system on multiple hosts simultaneously, you need a distributed file system such as for example GFS2. This is just like with traditional disk systems where you connect two or more computers to the same storage.

However, if all you want is to be able to store virtual machine images on Ceph and be able to migrate virtual machine from one server to the other using "shared storage" - you do not need to go through all that.

--
Jens Kristian Søgaard, Mermaid Consulting ApS,
jens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,