Re: Dell R515 performance and specification question

Hi,

On Tue, 2013-05-07 at 21:07 +0300, Igor Laskovy wrote:
> If I currently understand idea, when this 1 SSD will fail whole node
> with that SSD will fail. Correct?

Only OSDs that use that SSD for the journal will fail as they will lose
any writes still in the journal. If I only have 2 OSDs sharing one SSD I
would lose the whole node.

> What scenario for node recovery in this case?

There are a couple of options, replace the SSD, remove the dead OSD's
from ceph and create them from scratch. Or if you need the host back up
quickly, delete the OSDs and create them with journals on them, this
will probably impact performance elsewhere.

Barry

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.