Re: cephfs bandwidth issue

Hi
I use the kernel module. I found only one mount parameter for readahead: rsize. But didnt help.

These settings are a bit silly. I think what you've got there is
logically equivalent to having the stripe_unit and object_size both
set to 512KB, but I'm not certain. 512KB is also a bit small for an FS
object; why did you change it from the defaults at all? With streaming
media you're probably better off with larger than smaller chunks...

I did not know that transfers are byte, stripe or object based. I changed back to default sizes, but the incoming bandwidth is still high:
http://elbandi.net/ceph/ceph_bandwidth2.png

I tested some combinations, but all was unsuccessful. Sometimes the difference was more than 10x (8G incoming, ~700Mbit outgoing).
Can i somehow log the kernel read request size and the osd response size?

Elbandi