Re: MDS MON OSD Collocation

Hi Dewan,

On 04/03/2013 04:33 AM, Dewan Shamsul Alam wrote:
Hi,

I am new to ceph. I found that there are three different roles for ceph
service.

MDS
MON
OSD

Do I have to use separate nodes for each of the roles or can I collocate
all the services in each node. A standard setup example will help.

There is also the rados gateway (RGW) if you want to use the S3 or Swift API. There is nothing preventing you from running any or all of these services from the same host other than CPU and Memory resource limitations. For a small proof-of-concept it's fine to put multiple services on 1 host, but for larger clusters it can be beneficial to dedicate hosts for them.

Mark

Best Regards,
Dewan Shamsul Alam