monitoring performance

Hi All,

I wanted to monitor the performance of a ceph cluster: the disk storage, cpu utilization, and mainly, the network traffic (data getting transferred between 2 OSDs). Could you suggest any tools/commands suited for this?

Another question I had was regarding hadoop-MR on ceph. I believe that on HDFS, the jobtracker tries to schedule jobs locally, with necessary information from the namenode. When on ceph, how is this ensured, given that a file may be divided into multiple objects, which may be on different OSDs. Does the jobtracker get the locations of the objects from the mds, and schedule the jobs locally?

Regards
Varun