Re: using Ceph FS as OpenStack Glance's backend

Hi,

Storing the image as an object with RADOS or RGW will result as a single big object stored somewhere in Ceph. However with RBD the image is spread across thousands of objects across the entire cluster. At the end, you get way more performance by using RBD since you intensively use the entire cluster, with the object solution you only request one big object from a single machine so you get less performance.

Cheers.

––––
Sébastien Han
Cloud Engineer

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood."

PHONE : +33 (0)1 49 70 99 72 – MOBILE : +33 (0)6 52 84 44 70
EMAIL : sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx – SKYPE : han.sbastien
ADDRESS : 10, rue de la Victoire – 75009 Paris
WEB : www.enovance.com – TWITTER : @enovance