Re: Replacement hardware

Oh, thank you!

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Greg Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah. If you run "ceph auth list" you'll get a dump of all the users and keys the cluster knows about; each of your daemons has that key stored somewhere locally (generally in /var/lib/ceph/ceph-[osd|mds|mon].$id). You can create more or copy an unused MDS one. I believe the docs include information on how this works.
-Greg

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Igor Laskovy wrote:

> Well, can you please clarify what exactly key I must to use? Do I need to get/generate it somehow from working cluster?
>

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Greg Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:greg@xxxxxxxxxxx)> wrote:
> > The MDS doesn't have any local state. You just need start up the daemon somewhere with a name and key that are known to the cluster (these can be different from or the same as the one that existed on the dead node; doesn't matter!).
> > -Greg
> >
> > Software Engineer #42 @ http://inktank.com | http://ceph.com
> >

> > On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Igor Laskovy wrote:
> >
> > > Actually, I already have recovered OSDs and MON daemon back to the cluster according to http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/add-or-rm-osds/ and http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/add-or-rm-mons/ .
> > >
> > > But doc has missed info about removing/add MDS.
> > > How I can recovery MDS daemon for failed node?

> > > --
> > > Igor Laskovy
> > > facebook.com/igor.laskovy (http://facebook.com/igor.laskovy) (http://facebook.com/igor.laskovy)
> > > Kiev, Ukraine