Replacement hardware

Igor,

I am sure that I'm right in saying that you just have to create a new
filesystem (btrfs?) on the new block device, mount it, and then
initialise the osd with:

ceph-osd -i <the osd number> --mkfs

Then you can start the osd with:

ceph-osd -i <the osd number>

Since you are replacing an osd that already existed, the cluster knows
about it, and there is a key for it that is known.

I don't claim any great expertise, but this is what I've been doing, and
the cluster seems to adopt the new osd and sort everything out.

David